Monday, August 23, 2010

A Canadian Family Reunion

This past weekend was the last hurray before school started, we all headed up to Hamilton/Burlington, Ontario for my mom and Henk's 24th wedding anniversary and Henk's 75th birthday. My mom asked if we could be part of this special family time together over six months ago. Friday night a bunch of us had a BBQ at my sister Sara and brother-in-law Trevor's house. They have six kids so there was lots of crazy cousin time for our four kids:-) Henk's youngest brother Harvey and his wife Ria came from the Netherlands. Seven years ago Zach and I visited them and had a great time. Henk's daughter Jennifer came from British Columbia (that's western Canada for those who don't know Canadian geography) as did my mom's youngest brother Henry and his wife Linda. I hadn't seen Jennifer in over 25 years and it was great to catch up with her. I also really enjoyed talking with Henry & Linda. They also have six children. Most are in their teens and twenties.


On Saturday night a group of about 30 of us went on a boat cruise which included a full course meal. We talked around our tables and a few of us gave speeches about what Henk means to us. Below is my mom Heidi and her brothers Jerry and Henry. You can also see Henk with his three brothers Cor, Jerry, and Harvey.

No comments: