Monday, May 23, 2011

Scioto Boys Volleyball Banquet

Tonight was the end of the season banquet for our three Scioto HS boys volleyball teams. This was the third year I coached for Scioto. My first year I was the JV-B or Freshman coach and the last two years I've coached the JV-A team.



Coaching is something I've really come to enjoy. It takes up a lot of my time but the season is short (mid March to early May).

This evening we got to thank all those who've helped during the year and highlight the guys.



We ended up with a 5 - 5, win/loss season this year which is a far cry better than my first year of coaching when we lost every single match.

It's been nice to coach along side the same guys for multiple years. Doug Arden (2nd from right) is the Varsity Head Coach and Patrick Callicotte (right) is his assistant. Ben Wenger (left) is the JV-B coach who also helped me with my guys.

We'll see what happens next year. If my son Zach plays, I'll coach for sure (if they let me :-). If he doesn't play I'll have to really think about it.

No comments: