Friday, January 6, 2012

Awesome First Sunday of 2012

Last Sunday was a really special time for our congregation. Unlike most weeks, we started at 11:00am since the night before was filled with late night new years parties. We thought an hour extra rest would be nice and it allowed us to also end the service right at noon and roll into our potluck lunch.
The service had nine scheduled baptism's which were really special to witness. Then when I asked if anyone else wanted to be baptized that hadn't been yet since becoming a follower of Christ; two children stepped up...clothes and all! It was truly amazing. :-)
Here is the link to pictures from last Sunday on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/encounterchurch.us
As I do every first Sunday of the new year, I spoke about our vision statement: "Seeking HIS Kingdom First". I also used an object lesson with walnuts and rice to highlight our four core values that I will be teaching on over the next four Sundays.
I'm excited for what 2012 will bring in the life of Encounter Church.

No comments: