Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Talking about Elders and Deacons

This Sunday we will be in our second week of four in the book of Titus. Last Sunday I gave an overview of the book and spoke about leadership in general. This week is specifically on the qualifications for those who will shepherd the believers at Encounter Church as Elders and Deacons. Titus 1:6-9 and I Timothy 3:1-15 are the main texts that prescribe what they must and must not be as people.
I've asked my friend, mentor and old boss, Pastor Rick Nuzum, to join me this Sunday and give some perspective on the process of a church installing elders and deacons for the first time. I served on staff with him 10 years ago when Grace Church went through this same process.
Also this Sunday we will here from my friend Tyler Flinn who spoke to us a year ago about tutoring west of downtown Columbus in Franklinton. I did it every Tuesday over my lunch hour with a 2nd grade boy named Scott at Dana Elem. It starts in October and ends in May and is only once a week for an hour. We'll show a video about it as well.
Hope to see you Sunday.

No comments: