Thursday, October 15, 2009

The perfect season

Well they did it. The Davis MS 7th grade football team won every season game they played. Last night was the final, and coldest, game of the year. The final score was 12-0. We were at Grizzell MS right in the target area of our church plant. I saw a bunch of our own Encounter folks there. People like Matt & Chrissy Jacobs, Rob Comfort, Diana Biocchi. I also saw some friends I hadn't seen in a while like Kevin & Susan Smith and Jim Cline.
It was also fun to spend most of the game huddled under my umbrella with my new friend Chuck Confar. As you can see by the ridiculous pic. we were more concerned about keeping warm than our looks. It was rainy, windy and cold. We felt bad for the guys on the ground being tackled and the others standing on the sidelines.
Tomorrow my sister and brother-in-law come into town. They are bringing with them four of their six children. Caleb, Sam, Ben & baby Isaac. The two girls, Faith and Esther will be watched by my mom back in Hamilton, Ontario. I'm sure you'll see some pics. of our time together this weekend. Now I need to finish the message for Sunday before they get here.

No comments: