Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Bread and the Cup

This morning we had a very special service. First Pat Kearney prayed for our EMS (6-8 Gr.) young people who are heading off for a week of the Beyond camp up near Mansfield.
Then I had the privilege of leading the congregation in our first ever celebrating of just the bread and the cup in the service. I read from I Corinthians 11:23-29 and allowed our people a time to examine themselves before God. Similar to the experience we had at the Exponential conference, Kyle Mielke and I held the elements and the people came up when they were ready. It was really awesome to see a long line of people waiting to receive the body and blood of Christ. When everyone had come up, Kyle and I gave the bread and cup to Dalan Zartman, who'd been playing on the keyboard, and to each other. It doesn't happen that often, but at that moment I choked up just before praying.

No comments: