Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hart's back in town & 20 Something's Dessert Night

I'm look'n forward to this Sunday for a number of reasons:
First, our friends, Jeremy & Erica Hart, are back in town having been gone the entire summer to Texas for an internship Jeremy was doing for his OSU law degree. We saw Erica at the service last week and had her over for lunch, but this Sunday they'll be together for everyone to see. They're going to share about how the summer went for them and about the small group they'll be leading again this Fall.
Second, Sunday evening we've invited anyone between 20 & 30ish to our home for dessert (make your own ice cream sundaes), croquet & corn hole. I'm looking forward to it b/c that group of people for one is simply fun to be around and also b/c I want to thank them for making Encounter their home church. I must say I'm honored to have so many (over 30) be part of our "baby church". Most of them are ministry-minded and I can hardly wait to see what the Lord has in store for them and the future of Encounter Church through them!

No comments: