Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Generous Gift and a Productive Meeting

I got home today from one of my other offices...room 210 in Grace Church...and there was a card with my name on it. I opened it up and saw it was from the North Central Ohio (NCO)Women of Grace. There were some encouraging words and a generous gift collected from five different womens groups. What an encouragement! Thank-you Women of Grace.

Last night I had another meeting with my accountability elders. Ron Kuck is front left, Fred Stults back left. Jim Wilson front right and Alan French who chairs our meetings is back right. I'm grateful for these guys. Two of them, Ron & Fred, have church planting experience in their pasts. We quickly overviewed chapters 7-9 of "Planting Missional Churches". The author is Ed Stetzer, an authority on church planting, and speaker at the conference Melissa & I went to called Exponential '08. Then the guys helped walk me through filling out an Employment Identification Number (EIN) form. I need to soon apply to be incorporated with the state of Ohio and open a bank account in Dublin. I forgot to tell you, but two weeks ago I got a PO Box for the church. Here is the address should you want to snail-mail anything:
Encounter Church
PO Box #731
Dublin, OH
43017

No comments: