Monday, March 9, 2009

High School V-Ball

It's Monday night and I'm ending my day by writing my blog. My body is worn out, but in a good way. I have the privilege of helping coach the Dublin Scioto High School Boy's Volleyball team. It's the HS my kids will attend someday if we don't move.
Two weeks ago I got an interview with the head coach and we hit it off right away. I've had a background check and TB test, now I need to get CPR certified and take a course on treatment for minor injuries. By doing all this I'll be able to head up the JV-b team on my own.
So my body is worn our because we had our first practice tonight and I really got into it. I tried doing all the drills coach handed out to the guys, but alas, they were a little much for my almost 40 year old body. Still, it was a blast. In one of the groups I was coaching there was a guy from Egypt, one from China, another from India, one from Mexico and me from Canada. I love it! Truly an international team.
I'll let you know how it goes over the next few weeks. The season is only from the middle of March to May.

No comments: