Monday, March 30, 2009

Things learned from weekend trip

The last two days away were very productive both relationally and for gaining ministry insights. Relationally I reconnected with a couple I haven't seen in years that went to Moody Bible Institute with Melissa & I. Dave Fraser picked me up from the airport and I spent hours at he and Carol's home with their three fun kids reminiscing about the college days and getting up to date with our lives now. Dave then drove me to Paul & Katie Warner's home where I stayed the night and went to help set up and attend their church service. Hanging with the Warner's was very relaxing. We talked alot and watched some TV together. I had met Paul two months ago when Kyle, Dalan, Melissa & I went up to the Yellow Box for a meeting with Brian Zehr and a breakfast with Jon Ferguson.
There's a number of things I walked away learning from being with Brad Prunty and his team at the Plainfield Community Christain Church campus. I plan to share those things with the coach's, leaders and apprentice leaders at our next Leadership Community this Saturday morning.

No comments: