Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Church Planting Coach

As I've mentioned numerous times in the past, last year Melissa and I went to the church planting conference Exponential in April '08. It was there that we nailed down the church name: ENCOUNTER CHURCH, vision statement: "Seeking HIS Kingdom First", and core values: Celebrate, Grow, Serve and Multiply. Clancy and his wife Sandy were also at the conference. They spent time with us there and since then I have had a coaching meeting with him once a month. I asked him to coach me because six years ago when my mother church sent him to plant a new church in Marysville, I was totally inspired and impressed with him.
We are again both going to Exponential and that will then end our year of monthly coaching meetings. I'm not sure how much more he and his staff can take of me. I cause quite a disturbance for their office when land there:-)

No comments: