Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Inspiring speaker

This morning I had the pleasure of listening to Craig Groeschel of LifeChurch.tv. He spoke about being part of a church planting movement. Here were his three main points. A movement... 1) will never be safe, predictable and clean 2) is not just about our church but is about HIS kingdom (mmm, I heard that before) 3) isn't to be lead on the old measurements of success i.e. how much $ we've taken in as opposed to how much we've given away.
He said the American church has played it too safe and needs to return to an Acts 2 type of mentality. Look it up, esp. the last few verses.
One thing that also hit me was when he said "Luke warm pastors lead lukewarm churches". Please pray I don't become lukewarm in my personal relationship with Jesus Christ but that I would stay in love with Him and lead ENCOUNTER with passion.

No comments: